HEALTH TIPS TO HELP PREVENT VIRAL ILLNESSES -- How to Boost Immunity and Protect Your Overall Health
(Please share! We carry all of the pharmaceutical grade items in this article as well as provide Myers Vitamin IV Infusions with mega-doses of Vitamin C, B vitamins, magnesium, calcium to help boost your immune system. We also are carrying Doterra On-Guard.)
1. EAT WELL: For the best chance to stay healthy this winter, make sure you are eating at least three servings of vegetables each day and two servings of fresh fruit. Try to choose whole grains when you can, and make sure you are having at least two servings of milk or yogurt daily.
2. WASH YOUR HANDS: Wash your hands with hot soapy water every time you use the bathroom and before every meal. To be sure you are washing away bacteria and viruses, use hot water and scrub your hands for at least 60 seconds.
3. USE ANTIBACTERIAL HAND SANITIZER: We recommend DOTERRA On Guard Sanitizing Mist. Spray hands with 2 pumps, rub into your hands, then raise hands to nose and inhale deeply. We recommend you do this every time you leave a store or group setting.
4. GET PLENTY OF SLEEP: To be sure your body is capable of fighting illness, create a bedtime routine. This includes going to bed at the same time every night so your body learns to anticipate sleep. You may consider adding new habits to relax you before bedtime, such as a warm bath or begin reading a new novel.
5. TAKE Vital Plan Advanced Biotic DAILY: Ingredients include Andrographis extract which has been shown to help support a healthy & balanced immune response, as well as, Elderberry, Echinacea, Astragalus, & Olive Leaf Extract. Suggested use is 2 pills daily
6. TAKE A PROBIOTIC DAILY such as Klaire Ther-Biotic Complete or BioTE Mulit-Strain Probiotic to boost immune system function.
7. TAKE Ecological Formulas Monolaurin 600mg 2 capsules DAILY.
8. TAKE Xymogen Bio C 1:1 2 capsules DAILY.
9. MAKE SURE to take enough Vitamin D3 so that your Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy level is 70-100.
10. If you are traveling, increase #3, #5, #7-9 to 3-4 times/day.
11. If you would like to add flavor to your water, add EFFER-C Elderberry Effervescent Drink Mix for immune boosting
**COPING WITH A COLD OR FLU**
Unfortunately there will be times when you come down with some type of illness such as a cold or flu. Here are some tips to get you through the illness.
TAKE OFF: One of the best ways to hurry recovery is to take a day off when you need to.
TAKE IT EASY: If you absolutely cannot take off work, think about what you can do to take it easy until you are feeling better. If you typically run on fourth gear most of the time, try running on second gear.
DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS: Drinking extra fluids when you are sick really helps the illness pass through your system much quicker. A good toddy would be ½ cup hot tea with ½ cup of grapefruit juice.
ASK FOR HELP: It is okay to ask for help when you need it. Ask a friend or neighbor to watch the children for you while you rest. You can return the favor another time.
***TAKE FOLLOWING REMEDY AT THE 1st SIGN OF ILLNESS:***
*Vital Plan Advanced Biotic: 2 pills 3 times a day
*Ecological Formulas Monolaurin 600mg: 2 capsules 3 times a day
*Ecological Formulas Black Elderberry Extract: 1 tbsp 3-4 times a day
*Xymogen Bio C 1:1 2 pills 3 times a day
If the above remedies don’t work to relieve most symptoms within 3-4 days, TRY THE FOLLOWING OVER THE COUNTER COLD REMEDIES (if no individual contraindications):
* Pseudoephedrine 30 mg: Take 2 pills 2-3 times a day (decongestant) (located behind pharmacy counter)
* Guaifenesin/Dextromethorphan (ex. Mucinex DM): Take 1-2 pills 2 times a day (expectorant/cough suppressant)
*Zyrtec (cetirizine) 10 mg: Take 1 pill a day (antihistamine)
*Ibuprofen 200 mg: Take 2-4 pills with food 1-3 times a day as needed for headache or aches/pains
RECOGNIZING THE DIFFERENCE
Many times we question when it is necessary to seek medical attention. Often we visit our medical provider only to be told we have an upper respiratory infection, also known as a common “cold”. A cold is a viral infection of the nose, eyes, ear canals, mouth, throat, voice box or upper windpipe. A viral upper respiratory infection can last 10 to 14 days.
Cold symptoms include runny or congested nose with mucous color ranging from white to yellow to green. The nose symptoms are usually associated with postnasal drip, which causes two of the additional symptoms of a cold, sore throat and cough.
The cough usually lasts beyond the cold itself and may take up to 4-6 weeks to resolve. If a cough worsens or is associated with any breathing difficulty, you should seek medical attention right away.
We also want you to seek medical attention for yourself or your children when:
-There is fever over 100.4 for 5 days or longer
-Temp over 103 that bounces right back after using Tylenol or Motrin/Ibuprofen
-Poor fluid intake and a change in urinary output
-Shortness of breath
-Severe neck pain or stiffness
-Specific site pain such as ear ache or joint pain that is worsening
-Cough worsening and causing respiratory distress or worsening after one week or lasting greater than 4 weeks
Information provided courtesy of Restore Health & Wellness Center, 1010 South 16th Street, Wilmington, NC 28401
Please contact us at 910.763.1960 if you have any questions or would like to schedule a IV. We are open Mon-Thurs 8am - 5pm and anyone can purchase pharmaceutical grade supplements for our office. restorehealthwellness.com
11/17/2021 04:33:02 pm
I like your medical tips. My immune system is weak. I'll have to consider getting a check-up.
4/25/2022 04:35:55 am
Excellent article for learning about viral illnesses. Congratulations to the author! Everyone understands how you have listed.
Thanks for pointing out that we already need to visit a medical center to get a checkup from professionals if the cough worsens and lasts more than six weeks. I will keep that in mind to take care of my son and my husband well. I should also be conscious about myself whether I already need to get checked to be the best version of myself for my family.
12/28/2022 08:43:00 am
Excellent article! Thank you for your excellent post, and I look forward to the next one. If you're seeking for discount codes and offers, go to couponplusdeals.com.
3/25/2023 09:46:46 am
A very big reason why we struggle with our mental/emotional health is because we resist the emotions we feel. When we feel sad, we resist the sadness. When we feel afraid, we run away from the fear. When we’re angry, we hate the fact that we’re angry and we wish that things were different. We strive for that feeling of happiness and joy so much, that we take pills and drink alcohol to push our feelings away and feel different that we do.
Leave a Reply.
About our blog...
Restoring our health and experiencing optimal wellness begins with learning WHY as well as HOW. Tabetha has shared a lot of wisdom with her patients over the years, and we wanted a format for you to glean from some of it. In this blog, we share articles from Tabetha and her staff to help you on your road to wellness.
1010 S 16th St.
Wilmington, NC 28401
Monday - Thursday: 7:45am-5pm
Closed: 11:45-12:45 for lunch
Schedule An Appointment Today!